The main objective of NorArgo2 is an ocean observing system for the Arctic that will monitor essential physical and ecosystem variables at ~weekly temporal resolution.
1) Continue and extend the already established Argo infrastructure with improved grid coverage in the Nordic Seas, and extension into new areas such as the Barents Sea and Arctic Ocean.
2) Include floats with biogeochemical (BGC)-sensors, which at present are rare or non-existing in the Arctic.
3) Include floats for the deep basins (max 4000 m depth).
4) Provide validated Argo data sets that are freely and easily accessible.
5) Contribute to the Euro-Argo ERIC Roadmap and the international Argo programmes.
6) Apply for full membership in the Euro-Argo ERIC.